The Waiter/Waitress has to provide excellent wait service to ensure satisfaction. Taking customer orders and delivering food and beverages. Making menu recommendations, answering questions and sharing additional information with restaurant patrons.
The Waiter/Waitress will take orders and serve food and beverages to guests. Always aware of guest satisfaction to deliver the perfect service experience.
Duties and responsibilities include: servicing the guests in a friendly, efficient manner while maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Guests must feel welcome, comfortable and well attended to at all times.
- Greet and escort customers to their tables.
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies).
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses.
- Inform customers about the day’s specials.
- Offer menu recommendations upon request.
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
- Check customers’ IDs to ensure they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Communicate order details to the kitchen staff.
- Serve food and drink orders.
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems.
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area.
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments.
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning.
- Follow all relevant health department regulations.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Attentiveness and patience for customers.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Active listening and effective communication skills.
- Team spirit.