The role of the kitchen porter is an entry-level position but if you work diligently, you can steadily climb the career ladder. As a kitchen porter you will be required to complete the menial tasks in a kitchen including duties such as cleaning, washing up and basic food preparation. Kitchen Porter responsibilities include washing pots and pans, keeping floors clean, sanitizing food preparation areas and occasionally helping with food prep work. Ultimately, you’ll help our kitchen adhere to health standards and service customers faster.
- Keep all kitchen work surfaces (counters, sinks, stoves, walls) clean and sanitized.
- Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and ending of shifts.
- Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations.
- Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery fast to keep them in rotation.
- Arrange equipment and ingredient deliveries.
- Keep the food and supply storage areas organized.
- Take out the garbage.
- Help with routine food prep tasks (such as peeling and chopping vegetables) when needed.
- The ability to stand for long hours.
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules.
- Good organizational skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment.